Does my eating window have to be the same time every day?
We recommend trying to keep your eating window as similar everyday as possible. This means for the two weeks plan you will stick to the same times that you break your fast and the same time you stop eating in the evening.
Can I start my eating window at any time of day?
Yes. You can begin your 8-hour eating window at a time of that suits you. For example, you may eat between 6am – 2pm if you work early shifts, 10am-6pm if you’re at home most of the day, or 12pm-8pm if you don’t like to eat breakfast.
How & when do I take the Slim Me Capsules?
The Slim Me capsules should be taken following a meal (breakfast or lunch). Take all 3 with a glass of water
Does taking a Slim Me drink break my fast?
As the Slim Me Drinks contain naturally occurring sugars from the Sicilian lemon powder, it does technically count as breaking your fast. That said, healthy weight loss is all about being balanced and realistic so you stay on track. Therefore, if you do find that having a Slim Drink helps you to manage your hunger during the fasting period then it’s better to have a high fibre Slim Me drink than cave and have a chocolate biscuit! Sometimes we have to compromise, and that's ok.
How do I take the Slim Me drink Supplement?
- It is ok to take Slim Me drink on an empty stomach
- Tip the Slim Me powder into a glass, add 200ml of water and stir vigorously for at east 10 seconds and then drink IMMEDIATLEY.
- Take your Slim Me drink 20 minutes before each of your meals and use the remaining drink powders (in your emergency stash envelope) as required to curb any hunger feelings or cravings throughout the day. For example: during the afternoon take a Slim Me to help with hunger if you need to.
Can I have drinks during my fasting window?
- We encourage you to continue drinking plenty of water throughout both your eating window and fasting window.
- You CAN have water, herbal teas, black tea or black coffee
- You should NOT have, anything with milk or milk alternatives, juices, fizzy drinks, alcoholic drinks, squash etc.
What if I do not use all 3 slim drinks every day?
We recommend you have at least [minimum of] 2 x Slim Me drinks each day 30 minutes before your 2-3 main meals. They will help you to reduce or control your portion size, balance blood sugars and reduce cravings. If you forget or are unable to take one before your meal, you can still take a Slim Me drink as standalone snack, or you can save this spare sachet for another day for when you are feeling particularly hungry.
Do any of the capsules contain laxatives?
No. Slim Me does not contain laxatives. The Slim Me drinks contain the natural soluble fibre Glucomannan, so it's important to drink plenty of water alongside taking this plan.
Do any of the capsules contain caffeine?
Slim Me contains caffeine from Green Coffee Extract and Green Tea Extract. This is roughly 20mg of caffeine: For comparison, a standard cup of coffee contains roughly 100mg of caffeine.
Why do I feel bloated?
- Some people experience some bloating when they increase the fibre content of their diet. This is a harmless but slightly uncomfortable natural digestive effect in your gut due to changing your diet and introducing the Slim Me drinks. If you feel unsure contact our nutritionist for a chat.
- Try to alleviate bloating by doing at least 30 minutes of activity a day. From walking to weightlifting, getting moving will help to release some of that uncomfortable gas.
- Do not be afraid to pass wind when you need to, try to find an acceptable location like the bathroom or outside to do so. If you hold this in you will only cause uncomfortable bloating.
- If you experience any intense discomfort or severe pain please do contact a health professional and then our nutritionist.
I have experienced a change in the frequency of my bowel movements, is this normal?
- Yes, when increasing the amount of fibre in your diet it is common for people to experience either frequent bowel movements. Any change to our diet can cause unexpected changes to our digestive tract, and the response is different for everyone. It may take a few days for your body to adjust to the new fibre and diet.
- If you are constipated, we recommend increasing the amount of water you are drinking each day, and specifically including a further additional glass of water (250ml) after drinking your Slim Me powder drink. We also advocate for the inclusion of dried figs/apricots, prune/aloe juice on mindful days to get things moving.
- If you experience any intense discomfort or severe pain, please do contact a health professional first and then our nutritionist.
Can I do the 16:8 alongside my medication/ with a health condition?
It’s always recommended to consult a GP before starting a new health or fitness regime, if you are currently taking any medication or have a health condition overseen by a medical practitioner, we advise you consult with your specialist or GP before making any changes or starting 16:8.
This plan may not be suitable for you if you have to take regular medication through out the day and night with food.
Is there anyone that shouldn’t do IF?
- People who are underweight or have an eating disorder
- Children (under 18 years old)
- Type 1 diabetics and diabetics taking medication for their diabetes (other than Metformin)
- Pregnant women or breast feeding mothers
- People recovering from surgery
- Those who are frail or have a significant underlying medical condition should speak to their doctor first, as they would before embarking on any weight-loss regime.
- Those who are not sure about whether it may affect their prescribed medications should speak to their doctor first.
- People feeling unwell or have a fever
- People taking Warfarin as the variation in food intake may alter their INR.
- People with a history of serious mental health problems.
Ready in Prep time 15 minutes, Cook time 12 hours (dehydrator)
Ready in Prep time 15 minutes, Cook time 2-3 hours (oven)
Calories 40 kcals per serving
Equipment needed - Dehydrator OR oven
- 4 cups thinly sliced courgette, about 2-3 medium
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
Slice courgette as thin as possible.
In a small bowl whisk olive oil and vinegar together.
Place courgette in a large bowl and toss with oil and vinegar.
Add courgette in even layers to dehydrator then sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
Depending on how thin you sliced the courgette and on your dehydrator the drying time will vary, anywhere from 8-14 hours. The temperature setting is 135 degrees F.
To make in the oven: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay courgette evenly. Bake at 200 degrees F for 2-3 hours. Rotate half way during cooking time.
Store crisps in an airtight container.