Ready in 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 tsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 butternut squash, chopped into large chunks
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml veggie stock
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- Small bunch mint, chopped
- Pomegranate seeds, to serve
- 280g quinoa
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp preserved lemon, finely chopped plus 2 tsp liquid form jar
- 6 tbsp almond milk
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion over a medium heat for 3 mins. Add the garlic and butternut squash, and cook for a further 7 mins.
2. Add the remaining vegetables and continue to fry for 3 mins before adding the chickpeas, tomatoes and stock, along with the spices and seasoning. Simmer for 30 mins, uncovered. Meanwhile, put 750ml water in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer, then add the quinoa and cook for 20 mins.
3. To make the tahini dressing, whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Season with a pinch of salt.
4. Serve the quinoa with the tagine, and drizzle the tahini dressing over the top. Scatter over some chopped coriander and mint and the pomegranate seeds, if using, to finish.