Calories 364 kcals per serving
Ready in 40 minutes
- 150g Firm Tofu
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 50g dried pitted dates
- 15g fresh root ginger, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp vegan vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wok oil
- ½ bunch salad onions, roughly sliced
- 320g pack mushroom stir-fry
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. Thoroughly drain the tofu and press firmly between plenty of kitchen paper until you can’t squeeze out any more water. Tear the tofu into small pieces and toss in a bowl with the five spice. Blend the dates, ginger, bouillon powder, vinegar and 100ml water in a small food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Heat half the oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the tofu for 5 minutes until browned, stirring frequently. Tip out of the pan. Add the remaining oil, salad onions and mushroom stir-fry to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened.
3. Return the tofu to the pan with the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Pour in the bouillon mixture and cook for a further 1 minute, stirring to thoroughly combine. Serve immediately.