An easy veggie stew with only 150 calories a portion.
Serves 6-8 people
Prep 15 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
Calories 150kcals per serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook it for about 5 mins, until it begins to soften. Add other vegetables and cook for a further 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the cumin and turmeric and cook for a further 1-2 mins. Stir in tomatoes and in 1/2 pint of water, crumble in the stock cube and bring to the boil. Stir in the chickpeas and seasoning.
3. Cook on a high heat for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Sprinkle coriander over the finished bowl.