Calories 164 kcals
Ready in 50 minutes
Serves Makes 16
- olive oil, for greasing
- 75 g shelled pistachios
- 100 g mixed seeds
- 250 g rolled oats
- 8 Medjool dates
- 100 g dried apricots
- 50 g quality dark chocolate (70%)
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square baking tin.
- Chop the pistachios, then scatter over a baking sheet with the mixed seeds and oats, and roast for 20 minutes, or until golden and toasted, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, destone and roughly tear the dates, and roughly chop the apricots and chocolate.
- Place the maple syrup, almond butter, dates and 150ml of water in a small saucepan over a low heat. Gently heat for 10 minutes, mashing the dates with the back of your spoon, until you have a sticky sauce.
- Tip the oats, seeds and pistachios into a large bowl along with the apricots and pour over the maple syrup mixture. Coat everything in the sticky sauce before gently folding through the dark chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin, using a back of a spoon to press into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden, then cut into portions.