- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest and juice 2 lemons
- 6 sprigs thyme (or 2tsp dried)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- ½ red cabbage. Shredded
- 4 carrots, cut into ribbons
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- New potatoes, to serve
- Pull off the skin from the chicken thighs. Put one between 2 sheets of baking parchment and bash with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to flatten. Repeat with the other chicken thighs.
- Put the chicken into a shallow dish, season generously with salt and ground black pepper. Add all the lemon zest and half the juice, then sprinkle on the thyme.
- Heat a griddle or heavy-based pan. Fry for 15 mins, turning as needed until golden brown and cooked through.
- Mix together the spinach, red cabbage, and carrots.
- Divide the salad between the plates, top with the chicken, then squeeze on the remaining lemon juices on the chicken, drizzle balsamic vinegar on the salad and pour over any cooking juices. Serve with new potatoes.