324 kcals | Carbs: 9g | Fat: 24g | Protein: 19g
Time: 40 mins
A delicious twist to your favourite omelette recipe. Eggs are high in protein and make the perfect lunch option to keep you full all afternoon.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 175g halloumi, sliced
- 500g pumpkin, deseeded and chopped
- 2 red chillis, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 small bunch mint, roughly chopped (optional)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Heat half of the oil in a large oven-proof frying pan.
- Cook the halloumi for 2-3 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the pumpkin for 10 minutes until soft and starting to colour.
- Add the chilli and garlic to the pumpkin and cook for a further 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour over the vinegar, add the halloumi back into the pan and scatter over the mint. (optional) When warmed through, remove the mixture from the pan.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the empty pan, swirly to the edges to form an even omelette. Cook for 3-5 minutes until it's nearly cooked through and the base is set.
- Add the vegetables onto the egg mixture and flash grill the omelette for 5 minutes until puffed up and golden.
- Serve hot or cold with salad.