515 kcals | Carbs: 22g | Fat: 36g | Protein: 26g
Time: 20 mins
Best served cold, this classic fresh Greek salad is high in protein and extra tasty thanks to the addition of the crispy halloumi. The perfect Summer salad.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 100g kalamata olives
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g halloumi, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix together the cucumber, tomatoes, olives, green pepper, onion, oregano, fresh parsley, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Dust the halloumi slices lightly with a little flour and fry for a few of minutes on each side until crispy and golden.
- Serve the salad topped with the hot halloumi.