638 kcals | Carbs: 28g | Fat: 20g | Protein: 11g
Time: 25 mins
This salad makes the perfect accompaniment to your favourite protein source. Great with grilled salmon or as a show stopping side dish for your Summer BBQs.
- 200g bulgur wheat
- 150g frozen edamame beans
- 2 Romano peppers, deseeded and sliced into rounds
- 150g radishes, sliced
- 75g whole blanched almonds
- 1 small bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 oranges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the bulgur wheat to the packet instructions.
- Once cooked, drain and add to a large bowl to cool.
- In a separate bowl pour boiling water over the edamame beans, leave for 2 minutes and drain.
- To a serving bowl add the defrosted edamame beans, peppers, radishes, almonds, mint and parsley and mix through.
- Peel one orange, carefully cutting away the segments and add to a bowl.
- Juice the second orange and add to a jar with the oil, salt and pepper. Shake well to emulsify.
- Add the bulgur wheat to the serving bowl, pour over the dressing and toss well to serve.