294 kcals | Carbs: 17g | Fat: 19g | Protein: 17g
Time: 15 mins
A perfect high protein addition to your breakfast rotation. Deliciously savoury and a great recipe to get creative with.
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 handful of kale
- 30g frozen peas
- 1 pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
To a bowl add the cherry tomatoes with the white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and and mix well.
- In a small pan, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil and cook the garlic for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the courgette to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the moisture has evaporated.
Add the kale and peas, and cook for a further 2 minutes until the kale has wilted. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the chilli flakes. (optional)
- In a separate pan, heat a small non-stick frying pan with the remaining teaspoon of olive oil.
- Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper before adding them to the pan, swirling and lifting the edges so you have a large, flat omelette.
Once the omelette has almost cooked through, add the cooked vegetables onto one side of the omelette, then carefully fold over.
- Add to a plate and serve with the cherry tomatoes.