Terriyaki Steak with Healthy Slaw
- 2 tbsp reduced-salt soya sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 4 sirloin or rump steaks, trimmed of all visible fat, each about 125g
- For healthy slaw
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- handful of coriander leaves
- juice 1 lime
- Mix the soy, vinegar and honey, add the steaks, then marinate for 10-15 mins.
- Toss together the carrot, fennel, onion and coriander, then chill until ready to serve.
- Cook the steaks in a griddle pan for a few mins on each side, depending on the thickness and how well done you like them. Set the meat aside to rest on a plate, then add the remaining marinade to the pan. Bubble the marinade until it reduces a little to make a sticky sauce.
- Dress the salad with the lime juice, then pile onto plates and serve with the steaks. Spoon the sauce over the meat.