Squash & Spinach Tortilla
- 800g butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced finely
- 6 medium eggs
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 1 tsp mustard (preferably Dijon)
- 1 tsp light oil (try calorie-controlled light oil)
- 150g baby spinach leaves, washed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the squash and cook for 10–15 minutes, until tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and mustard and season.
Heat a large (20 cm/8 inch) nonstick frying pan and spray with the cooking spray. Add the squash and stir fry for a few minutes, until it turns golden. Add the spinach and stir fry for a further few minutes, until wilted. Tip the egg mixture into the pan.
Stir gently together and then cook over the lowest heat, without stirring, for 10–12 minutes or until the bottom is golden and the tortilla is nearly set. Preheat the grill to medium.
Slide the pan under the preheated grill for a few minutes, until the top is golden and puffy and the egg is completely set. Cut into four wedges and serve.