Spaghetti Squash With Tomato Sauce
Calories in 1 serving size = 88kcals
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- ½ cup chopped green sweet pepper (1 small)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme, ( could also substitute herbs de Provence)
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 Cooked Spaghetti Squash (see directions below)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- In a large sauce pan, add oil (you can also lightly spritz the pan with oil from a spray bottle) and sauté bell pepper and garlic until garlic is fragrant and pepper starts to soften.
- Pour diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and add spices to the pan.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then lower heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, prepare Cooked Spaghetti Squash by using a sharp knife and making several cuts throughout the squash to prevent it from exploding in the microwave. Heat in the microwave on high for about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave. It should be soft to the touch when it is ready (should be easy to cut). Let it stand for about 7 minutes. Cut the squash lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a fork and then use the fork and scrape the squash into spaghetti-like strands.
- Serve sauce over squash. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.