Ready in 30 minutes
Calories 229kcal per serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 4 tbsp sweetcorn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth.
- In a large pan add the olive oil, turn to medium-low heat and sauté onions for about 3 minutes, add garlic and sauté one additional minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed above. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low and cook 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit 5 minutes covered before serving.