Detox Kitchen: Quinoa & Avocado Salad
We love being able to share nutritious and delicious recipes with our GP4:3-ers, and our fabulous friends at The Detox Kitchen have given us some of their recipes just for YOU!
Calories 300kcals per serving
- 40g quinoa
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch Malden salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 4 cashews, chopped
- 10g pumpkin seeds
- 10g sunflower seeds
- 40g cherry tomatoes
- 40g mange tout
- 1/4 avocado
- Bring a small pan of salted water to the boil and add in the quinoa. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes until the quinoa is cooked. Drain in a sieve and tip into a mixing bowl.
- Add the brown rice vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place a small saucepan on a medium heat, once the pan is hot add in the nuts and seeds and cook until golden. Add half of these straight to the quinoa and keep the rest aside.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and cut the mange tout into thin slices. Peel and roughly chop the avocado.
- Place the quinoa in the bowl, top with the avocado, mange tout and cherry tomatoes, sprinkle over the nuts and seeds and add a drizzle of olive oil.