Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice
Ready in 35 minutes
Calories 193 kcals per serving
- 1 medium-to-large head cauliflower
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut the Cauliflower into medium chunks, and discard the core.
- Working in batches, pulse chunks in a food processor until they’re broken into tiny pieces, slightly larger than couscous.
- Wrap the cauliflower rice in a clean tea towels or paper towels, twist, and squeeze as much water as you can get out from the rice.
- Toast almonds in a large pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they start to turn golden on edges, about 3 to 5 minutes. Then, transfer the toasted almonds to a bowl to cool down.
- Return the pan to the heat and add olive oil and garlic.
- Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 10 to 20 seconds. Add cauliflower rice, red pepper flakes and salt, and stir to combine.
- Stirring every minute or so, until the cauliflower rice is hot and turning golden, about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat. Stir in the toasted almonds, parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.