Kale & Quinoa Fritters
These Kale & Quinoa fritters are easy to throw together and a make a delicious, healthy lunch option.
This recipe makes 10 fritters.
1 serving is 2 fritters; which equals 236kcal.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs, whisked.
- 3 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup steamed kale, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Rinse 1 cup of quinoa and place in a medium pan with 2 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until quinoa has absorbed the liquid - about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked quinoa, eggs, spring onions, garlic, salt, steamed kale, and breadcrumbs. Let everything sit for a few minutes to absorb the liquid. Form medium sized fritters and get your pan ready.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook up to 5 fritters at at time. Cover pan and let cook for 7-10 minutes until browned, then flip and cook on the other side for same amount of time.