Feeling a little uninspired or struggling to come up with any new ideas for your Veganuary kickstart…
We’ve got a few healthy vegan recipes to help you out! Even if you’re cooking for just yourself, make enough servings for a few days and refrigerate or freeze down the leftovers - then you can grab and heat when you’re feeling more inclined toward wrapping up on the sofa than slaving away in the kitchen.
We’ve even thrown in a few delicious high protein sweet treats, to satisfy those cravings whilst keeping you feeling full, energised and satisfied
No Bake Chocolate Protein Truffles
MAKES: 10-12 truffles.
- 1 sachet protein powder
- 1 tbsp (15ml) coconut oil, melted
- 180g (12 large) Medjool dates
- 32g (2 tbsp) nut butter
- 30-45ml (2 - 3 tbsp) unsweetened plant milk
- Add the dates to food processor or high-speed blender and blend until they break down enough to start rolling around the food processor in a big ball.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and continue processing until fully combined, scraping down the sides of your processor as needed. The dough should stick together easily when pressed without being overly sticky.
- Using a heaping tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll each portion into 1-inch balls. If desired, coat with extra cocoa, coconut, nuts etc.
- Store truffles in a sealed container either in the fridge or at room temperature for up to a week.
Chocolate Protein Brownies
- 1 sachet protein powder
- 6 bananas
- 1 cup nut butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp agave
- Preheat the oven the 180C / 350 degrees, grease a square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a blender, food processor or large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, cocoa powder, protein powder, and almond butter and blend / mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan and bake for around 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Breakfast - Chickpea Pancakes
Serves 2 (2 pancakes each)
Ready in 20 minutes
248 calories per serving
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 spring onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chilli flakes (optional)
Tip - If you would like thicker pancakes, add 1/2 tsp baking powder to mixture. Otherwise
leave out for thinner pancakes.
- Add the flour, water, paprika, salt, pepper and chili flakes (if using) to a mixing bowl and give it a good mix. Leave it to settle for a few minutes while you heat up the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Dice the spring onions finely and add them to the mixture.
- Add about a ladle of the mixture when the pan is hot. Cook for about 3 minutes - the mixture will quickly start to firm, you are welcome to add a little more water to thin out.
- Use a large spatula to help you flip the pancakes, adding more oil underneath if necessary. After another 2-3 minutes your pancake will be ready.
Lunch Recipe - Vegetable Chilli
Ready in 30 minutes
275 Calories per serving
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions - chopped & diced
- 3 pack of mixed pepper - deseeded and diced
- 2 courgettes - diced
- 1 large aubergine - diced
- 5 tsp cajun/ chilli con carne spice mix
- 2 x 400g tins of cherry tomatoes in juice
- 400g of kidney beans - drained
- 250g of young baby leaf spinach - washed
- Put olive oil, diced red onions, mixed peppers, courgettes, large aubergine and spice mix in a large saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 10 mins. Add tins of cherry tomatoes in juice and kidney beans and simmer for a further 15 mins.
- Finally, stir through the spinach and serve.
Dinner Recipe - Vegetable Balti
Ready in 1 hour and 40 minutes
201 Calories per serving
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp balti curry paste
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 500g (1lb) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml (16fl oz) vegetable stock
- 8 small cauliflower florets
- 60g (2oz) French beans
- Heat the oil in a wok or balti pan, add the onion and cook for a few mins. Add the balti curry paste and cook for a min.
- Add the parsnip, squash, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 mins, then add the French beans and cook for 5 more mins, until all the vegetables are tender. Serve.