Chilli Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Toasted Almonds
A side dish with a kick. Delicious and zesty brussels sprouts, with nutrient packed almonds.
Ready in 35 minutes
Calories 166 kcals per serving
- 600g Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 60ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
Add the Brussels sprouts to a pan of boiling water and cook for 4-5 mins and drain. Slice in half vertically when they have slightly cooled.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add the chilli flakes and to the oil, then put the sprouts cut-side down in the pan, and leave them to cook for around 10 minutes. Leaving them still will ensure they become slightly charred.
Add the remaining olive oil and lemon juice, then cook for a few minutes more.
- Tip onto a large serving platter, top with lemon zest, slivered almonds and season with sea salt if desired.